About Me


Please, visit my Web site
PHOTOGRAPHY by THOMAS

Please visit my PHOTOGRAPHY by THOMAS
FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM

Blog Archive

Followers

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Golf Noir

The image below was supposed to resemble a still shot from a B&W thriller. I chose the absurd arctic weather "mouse boots" deliberately as a prop to make the subcontext more bizarre. I still have to laugh when I look at that picture, and I wonder what the casual observer may have thought when passing by while I was doing that shoot.

If you look closely, you can see high power voltage lines that look like a marionette's strings. The inclusion of those wires was not part of my original idea for the image, but it was something I incorporated on location as a useful element: free will versus compulsion.

Normally I don't show the second picture, because some people might find it disturbing and offensive, although, in my opinion, the first image does a fine job at being disturbing already!

These images were taken in the Marin Headlands in Marin County, CA.

No models were harmed in the making of these images!

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment